If you are on Coumadin (Warfarin), we want to help keep you in your target range based on your blood test results. Also called our Anti-coagulation clinic, we provide on-site reporting and immediate medication changes as needed.
CareMore Offers (in select locations):
- On-site testing and Immediate reporting
- Medication counseling by medical provider
- Nutrition counseling by dietitian
- Immediate medication changes as needed
- Coordinate care with your personal doctor
The Coumadin Program was created to help you:
- Decrease complications
- Make positive lifestyle changes
- Learn how to take care of yourself
- Give you support
Coumadin, or Warfarin, is a blood thinner. It takes out some of the protein from your blood to allow it to flow normally and avoid clotting. Coumadin is used to treat blood clotting and prevent further clots. This can help to avoid heart attacks or strokes. It is also used if someone has had a previous heart attack as a way to prevent future ones.
Coumadin Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You can live an active and functional life with your Coumadin managed. We can help. Just give Member Services a call at (888) 816-2790 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST.
UCSD Anticoagulation - http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/anticoagulation/Pages/faq.aspx