Exercise and Strength Training
Physical activity is important to stay healthy. Your care team will develop an exercise and strength training plan that is just right for you.
What We Offer:
As part of the program you will get:
- Personal coaching, as determined by your provider
- A customized exercise and strength training plan
- Education and tips on physical fitness as it relates to you
- In select areas, access to exercise and strength training facilities
Why Stay Active?
Being physically active adds many benefits to your life, including:
- Helps lower blood sugar levels
- Promotes weight loss
- Helps control blood pressure
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- Prevents heart disease & stroke
- Improves the immune system
- Increases energy levels
- Builds strong muscles and bones
- Reduces stress
Check with your CareMore clinical care team before starting a physical activity program.
- Begin physical activity slowly, and start with something easy.
- Pick the time of day that is best for you to perform physical activity
- Check to see how physical activity affects you.
- Be sure to eat a balanced diet recommended by your care provider or personal doctor
- Know your limits and check with your clinical team first!