High Blood Pressure Clinic
Our Hypertension Care program helps you make changes in your life to get your blood pressure to a healthy level. You will have a team of providers working with you to find the best care plan for you.
What We Offer
As part of the program, you'll get:
- A blood pressure monitor to use at home that sends your reading to your healthcare provider by computer (your team will let you know if you need one)
- A care plan just for you
- Classes to learn about your high blood pressure
- Regular wellness checkups
- Educational materials to take home
- Medication management
- Access to other CareMore programs, such as:
- Stop smoking
- Nutrition Advice
This program will teach you how to:
- Take your blood pressure
- Lower your blood pressure and keep it controlled
- Live with your disease
- Manage your medicines
- Eat healthy and learn to control salt in your diet
- Deal with more serious health problems that may come up
Learning how to manage and lower your blood pressure can help prevent other health problems.
More about high blood pressure
High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. This means that your heart is working too hard. It's putting too much pressure on the walls of your arteries. If your blood pressure is too high or left untreated, it can lead to serious problems such as stroke and heart disease.
There are usually no symptoms of high blood pressure. If your blood pressure is above normal then you may have these symptoms:
- Very bad headache
- Feeling very worried
- Shortness of breath
We can help you control your blood pressure and live the best life you can. Just give Member Services a call at (888) 816-2790 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST.
High Blood Pressure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Heart.org High Blood Pressure - http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/AboutHighBloodPressure/About-High-Blood-Pressure_UCM_002050_Article.jsp