Welcome to CareMore's Provider Training Site
Our top priority is making sure all providers in the CareMore network meets the training and education needs of its various populations.
CareMore considers all providers to hold a crucial role of being the medical home "gatekeepers" and coordinators of a member's complete health care.
Therefore, it is important for CareMore to ensure that all providers are properly trained and informed about CareMore' services for all lines of business, as applicable. In addition, this will also help you to seamlessly serve CareMore members, your patients.
CareMore is committed to providing quality educational materials.
Cultural Competency Training and Resources
CareMore is committed to providing you with the necessary resources and tools to work with a diverse patient population. In this section you will find a list of available training that include useful information to help you provide cultural competent care to patients from different cultures and backgrounds. This training also includes information on state and federal regulations on the provision of culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
2018 Annual Provider Training
CareMore has provided CMS/DHCS mandated self-study training presentations on our website for your convenience. You will be asked to complete a Registration and Attestation form before viewing the training materials.
After registration you will have access to training materials for:
- HIPAA Basics for Providers
- Medicare Parts C and D General Compliance Training
- Combating Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- SNP Model Of Care
- Chronic Care Improvement Program (CCIP)
- Language Services
- Federal False Claims Act (FCA) Training
- Balance Billing
- A Physician's Guide to Culturally Competent Care - U.S. Department of Health & Human Service: A free, online educational program accredited for physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. Explore engaging cases and learn about cultural competency in health care. Receive nine free CME credits (for physicians and physician assistants) or nine contact hours (for nurse practitioners).
- Language Barrier: Watch Breaking Down the Language Barrier - Translating Limited English Proficiency into practice. Covers information on providing equal access to services to patients with limited English proficiency (LEP). Produced by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the USDA, and the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Creating an LGBT Friendly Practice
- Moving toward Equity in Asthma Care – An online experience to help providers enhance asthma care for diverse patients.
The following training material applies to Los Angeles County Providers only
- CareMore Cal MediConnect Plan Quick Reference Guide
Annual Provider Training
Once your attestation is complete, you will have access to all training material for the next 365 days.